Friday, July 17, 2009

we have news....

ok so no kids but we got a puppy!!! his name is Buddy, and he is the best dog that isnt potty trained! haha he is so stinking (literaly stinky)... cute! i had no idea how much work goes into a dog every three hours in the night to let him pee...the feeding times and letting him get on a pooping schedual...what the crap who knew.....
well i get to teach on sunday...supper nervous~ never done it before my only fear is not making the 30 mins of the class....i sure hope the sisters are willing to talk!!! ahhhh so scary!

3 comments:

Shari Baker said...

You're teaching Relief Society now? I love teaching Relief Society. As far as class participation I teach the three p's before I teach. Prepare, Participate and Plan of Action. I teach the importance of reading the lesson beforehand, the importance of participation during the lesson and then I give them all a pencil and piece of paper so that they can write down a plan of action. A plan of action is whatever inspiration they've received during the lesson even if it doesn't apply to the lesson...something they plan on putting into action in their lives. I learned that as long as you let them know what you expect that they will participate! Ask lots of questions and invite them to share experiences. You're going to do GREAT! Good luck!

Monty and Stephanie said...

I was nearly upset thinking I was going to have to hear baby news online with the rest of the world. LOL just kidding and congrats on the puppy. I know you will be an awesome teacher and I can't wait until we make it up there one weekend.

Jen said...

I love you Nicky!!! Your so amazing. I miss you tons. I am in my new apartment and its 15c again...at glenwood this time. But remember all the good times we all had in 15c! I miss it.