Friday, November 9, 2012

cooking goal for the week!



I have been super inspired lately to try and save money by cooking...I.E. not going out to eat(not as a luxury just because i hate/stink cooking and i hate Walmart...meaning we have little to no food for weeks at a time because i don't want to go...
So my goal for the week is to cook a meal once a day! last night i tried six sisters stuff's baked fajitas..oh my gosh they were amazing! So simple took MAYBE 10 minutes to prep and only 30mins to cook!
chop the veggies and chicken into strips


 mix spices and oil together and pour on top of veggie/chicken mixture


 Look its not burned and it actually looks good right?
 We might have this again later in the week because it was such a HUGE hit! I would have paid $13 or $14 a PLATE at chili's for this meal!
And with Christmas right around the corner I had to start...I held back on putting out the signs that say "Merry Christmas" and im debating about taking the stockings down...maybe when the tree goes up on Thanksgiving they will make another appearance!
Im Glad I started because I thought i had SOOOO many decorations for Christmas but most everything, but the tree is out and its slim pickings! Ummm real deals shopping trip? probably, especially since I saved so much on my fajitas right?!

No comments: